Sunday, January 6, 2008

Settling In



So, we have finally arrived at our new place in Amsterdam and are pretty much settled in. This city is absolutely amazing. It is truly a city of artists and it has completely inspired me and my work. In fact, I am in the throes of 3 whole collections right now, and I am feeling a bit disorganized - which, for me, is quite normal and discombobulated...(I just wanted to type that word because I like it!)

Anyhow, I have shot a few of my latest pieces and will publish these shortly. As I mentioned in my last entry a while ago, I am into the baroque Tahitian pearls, and they are some very lovely chunks. I am also feeling a call back to my "basics", which is a really ornate style of jewelry, with lots of sparkly stones and gold mesh chains. I'll throw a shot of those up, too. It just feels so good to be designing again. It's like a monster of creativity is upon me and I can't translate the designs in my head into real pieces fast enough. Needless to say, my sketchbook is getting quite a workout lately...it is almost exhausting.

No comments: